Friday, June 20, 2014

BALI Bag day


First Bali bag class today!  Instructions were for a modified bag (smaller), however I decided I could make the full size bag with no problem. Then the pre-class prep instructions came regarding sewing and ironing the 2 1/2 inch strips.

After about 2 hours, I thought...perhaps that smaller bag would be better after all.

No! I decided to do the actual pattern and that's what I'll do!...and off to class I went.  1,440 inches of fabric, 2 bags of nylon rope, lots of "un-sewing", multiple bobbin refills, a sore wrist and lots of laughs later I was able to complete 1/2 the bag.

Homework includes to finish covering the rope with fabric, complete the bag and have it ready for lining and handles by Wednesday.  Should be a fun weekend :-). I did learn some new tricks so shouldn't be a problem.

Thank you to Ashley at Great Harvest in Warrenton for a most excellent BLT, the ladies in the class, Kelly Ann's Quilting for hosting the class, and a special Thanks to Lynne for her bag lady teaching skills.  Without her I would have never started this club.

Thanks Lynne!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment